Hello from sunny California


This week we visited the twins, Joan and Jean, at their new apartment in San Diego and they are doing very well. While there John and I took a little time to see the San Diego Zoo. We had not been there in 11 years and it was as fabulous as ever. It is a garden with animals and it is so beautiful!
Our next stop was Sequoia National Park for a few days of hiking. The park is located at 6000 ft in the California Sierras and we were surrounded by huge trees and granite cliffs and waterfalls and meadows and BEARS!
We spotted 2 or 3 black bears up close and 1 across a (safe) meadow. It was very thrilling and by that I mean scary. Let me just say that my fight or flight instinct is working and I chose flight.
Here are a few pictures of Sequoia.


Moro Rock summit


Trish with largest living thing in the world
Does it make me look petite?


John on a Giant Sequoia
The tree just fell over due to a weak root system.


From the forest floor on the Congress trail


Female mule deer on Long Meadow trail(bottom)
Male deer on Crescent Meadow(top)




I'm Chip.........I'm Dale,
we're just a couple of carefree fellas
out to have some fun!

No comments: