MY BEAUTIFUL MOTHER



This week my mother, Joan, passed away after a long battle with congestive heart failure. She lived her last years in sunny San Diego with her twin sister, Jean. They were a great pair, dressing alike, traveling, golfing, playing bridge, shopping and always beating their kids and grandkids at Trivial Pursuit.

My mother was the original June Cleaver. She wore the shirtdress, stockings and heels to greet my father each night when she met the 6:02 at the Wilmette train station.

She was a glamorous gal who loved her family and set a marvelous example for the 6 of us kids in being spouses, parents and grandparents. I will miss you Mothe!

2 comments:

Kara said...

She is a beautiful person. I was glad I got to meet her. I love you.

Jen said...

A beautiful mother and a beautiful daughter. I love you, and I am so honored that she got to be a part of my life, too.