Our Peru Adventure

Buenos Tardes!

We are in the mountain city of Cusco in Peru. Today we took a 1 hour flight from Lima over the mountains and the coastal desert to the Incan Empire city of Cusco. We will be here sightseeing for a few days and slowly acclimatizing to the elevation of 11,000 feet. So far so good. I was instructed by our travel guide, Edwin, today to take a long afternoon nap and so I did. Tonight we go to the town square for a Peruvian meal of alpaca steak and quinoa soup. We have been drinking coca tea and eating the local chocolate to ward off altitude sickness.
I do not have any pictures today because I left my camera on the airplane and when security went to look for it ten minutes later, the camera had ¨disappeared¨. I will be shopping for a new camera soon.
Our group is very friendly and interesting, mostly educators and their families.
Our last night in Lima we saw a folk dancing and traditional music program while dining on ceviche, asparagus soup and yucca balls. I draw the line at guinea pig though.....

No comments: